Time to take the plunge and get your business a website? Maybe your brand has changed and you want your website to reflect your new image? Maybe it’s been a while since your site was built and it just needs a little love and attention. Your website is the face of your organisation to the world. Often times your website is the first impression your clients and potential clients have of you and it’s hard to forget the age old advice of “you only get one chance to make a good first impression”. You want to make your site as professional as it is appealing to your target audience. Given the amount of options to create the site yourself (Wix, Weebly, Squarespace to name a few…) or to hire a designer, it raises the question, “why do I need a designer when I can do it myself”?
Well we have put together 10 quick reasons why you should engage a professional!
1. Saves you time – Hiring a professional gives you the benefit of hiring an expert, who knows successful, efficient ways to create a professional website with your business goals in mind, allowing you to get on with business.
2. Making it unique – There are a countless number web sites on Internet. But there’s only one business like yours. And your website should be as unique as your business. A professional designer is able to create a web site that is unique to your business, has clear and easy navigation, load efficiently and work properly across all the major browsers (as well as making sure it is mobile friendly).
3. Making it easy to use – As much as you may think it’s not, a website is for your customers, not for you. A professional web designer will keep your visitors in mind by making it easy for them to navigate and travel around the web site without getting confused and help them find the information they are looking for quickly and easily.
4. Getting ahead of your competition – Competition is fierce of the Internet and as we have already said first impressions count. Having a professionally designed and developed web site will enable your site to be found when your customers are looking for you and gives visitor’s confidence in your products and services.
5. Communicating your message – Just like in your business, experience is key. An experienced designer knows how to communicate your message. Be it through the use of colors, fonts, graphics etc., a professional web site should convey a clear consistent, compelling message that represents your business.
6. Making it Search Engine friendly – It’s nearly 20 years into the 21st century and still one of the most important factors about a web site is the way it interacts with search engines. A professional designer will know how to design your site so that it is search engine friendly.
7. The difference between home made and professional – Just like in your business, regardless of industry, there is always a huge difference between a home made product and a professional product. Having a professional web site will provide you with a sense of security about your products and services that no home made web site can do.
8. Making you the expert – You are the expert in your field and a professional designer will know how to build you the most effective website to make sure you not only look like it but prove that you are.
9. Making you trustworthy – A good web designer will be able to find ways to convey your trustworthiness through the use of images or text that a home built site just can’t match. You know yourself that you feel safer and therefore trust a professional looking site than something that isn’t as polished. This lets site visitors know there is a real human on the other side that is worth doing business with.
10. Greater credibility – Having a professionally designed web site will enable your business to compete. A professional designer can make a even a smaller company compete with the big guns in your industry, giving small companies as much credibility as the large companies and leveling the playing field.
So there you have it, 10 reasons why you should use a professional! Now, we aren’t necessarily saying you should use VTO, but we would love it if you would consider us! If you are looking for more information on VTOs’ webdesign capabilities and costs, check out our web design page and our success stories of clients we have worked with. And if you just want to jump in, contact us today!
Did you enjoy this article? Feel free to share it!