Is your website getting a little stale? Wanting to freshen up your site, but don’t want to have to pay a developer to make the changes?
Chances are, you don’t interact with your website daily so it’s very easy for your site to become “out of site, out of mind”. As days turn to weeks and weeks to months (hopefully not years) your business and your website may not be the most accurate reflection of who you are and what you do. Pretty soon, they may only vaguely resemble each other. Now when visitors research you what do they learn? Are they getting an outdated information? What if your ideal client landed on your site, only to find that they can’t find the right information and move on to a competitor?
With this in mind, here are 5 easy ways you can update your website right now to get everything back in sync. Addressing small things now will make larger things easier later – and the best thing… You don’t need a developer to do them for you! You just need to be able to access your site and know how to move around it!
- Update your products and services with the most current thing you offer – If you are a business, chances are the people that are coming to your site are coming for a reason. That reason is most likely they believe you offer something they need or want. So make sure your current products and services reflect this, or risk missing out on business!
- Update your “splash” image – Most websites these days have this, a big banner image at the top of the page. This is also a place where you can do some marketing! Don’t have any graphics ready to go? Get yourself a Canva account (http://canva.com) – it’s free! – and get creative. They have 1000s of templates to give you some inspo and get you started and its very user friendly and intuitive. You can thank me later.
- Update everyone’s information – If you have a page that lists your staff, check it to make sure all their information is up to date. Nothing worse than finding the person you need to talk to, to only find out they haven’t worked there for 12 months. Also not a great look for your business either!
- Test your forms – I’m sure your website has “Contact us” forms right? When’s the last time you’ve looked at them? Test them out! If they aren’t working, how do you know you are getting all the leads you are meant to be? You can have the best website in the world, but if your forms aren’t working, I guarantee that you are missing out on at least some leads!
- Fix broken links – Even if it has been an age since you last updated your website, it’s a great idea to enlist a link-check website like BrokenLinkCheck (http://brokenlinkcheck.com) and let it scan for problems. It only takes a couple of minutes and you can have a report to follow for repair.
So that’s it! 5 quick things you can do to update your site (developer free no less!). Not hard right? And you have probably saved yourself a few hundred bucks in doing so! I have every confidence you can handle it! Go make your website shine!!
Did you enjoy this article? Feel free to share it!